Wednesday, November 2, 2011

They Might Be Giants (Omaha, NE)



So yesterday I got to see They Might Be Giants at the Slowdown in Omaha, NE. By the way, Slowdown, you've been super awesome to me lately. KMFDM, the Smashing Pumpkins, and They Might Be Giants...all since August. You guys are too awesome.

I ended up going to show alone. Which was kinda sad at first. But I meet a girl named Katie who was pretty cool. We both had coffin purses, so that's how we started talking. It was nice not to be alone.

The opening act was Gold Motel. They were actually alright. Gonna have to look them up. And not to fangirl...but the guitarist was beautiful.

TMBG was awesome, no surprises there. They're a really fun group to see live. (Apparently Katie's seen them 6 times. Damn!) There was a lot of conversations between Little John and Big John (that's what I've been calling them all these years, I'm sorry XD). They did a puppet show, which was cute. And I flipped when Little John pulled out the accordion. And we got loot! Katie got a set list and a record the Big John handed her, and a set list. I got Marty's drumstick, which was exciting. I also got Gold Motel's set list.

Picture time!










1 comment:

  1. Reading this makes me feel a lil better about not going with...so glad ya had a great time <3

    ReplyDelete