Sunday, August 28, 2011

A dreaded sunny day ...

So let's go where we're happy,
and I'll meet you at the cemetery gates...*

Today was my first day alone again. It was very dull. Just sat around listening to music and reading. At some point I had the urge to go to a cemetery. Hadn't gone to one in a few weeks, not since my friends Chessna, Traci, and I went on our 'goths night out' (XD) a few weeks ago, before I moved.


So I googled local cemeteries to see what was here in Ames. Turns out there's one here on the ISU campus. It was the closest one so I decided to hit it up. It wasn't much. Small, kinda cute. I took a few pictures.


A nice shot of the stones lined up.

This is probably my favorite head stone. It was beautiful, without being massive.


And this is just a pretentious, artsy nature shot. I took it when I was laying under this tree.

Sadly, things like this would be more fun if I had certain friends here. It's kinda lonely...there aren't any spooky kids on campus. But maybe I haven't found them yet.


*Cemetery Gates, by the Smiths


1 comment:

  1. Great pics Monnie! No worries hun, you will find your people :) They just only come out at night ;)

    ReplyDelete